Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Home again home again

For the first time in 4 years I was home for the easter weekend!! I took Lily along with me and amongst the church ceremonies and quiet Botswana landscape she continualy said how she enjoyed meeting people and more especially the late afternoon BBQ we had on Saturday with a group of my friends...lol. I never really pay attention to specific details when I'm home so it was really refreshing to understand the wonderful simplicity of a game park filled with animals as a the perfect place for a few friends to have a 'braai'. It felt like a lifetime had passed since I'd been back, I had begun to forget how peaceful and refreshing Botswana was and how familiar it has always been to me. From the broad smiles of friends that I hadn't seen in ages to the comfort of my own bed that I had taken for granted. It seems ironic for me to feel homesick from a place 2 hours away when I spend three quaters of the year thousands of miles away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment