Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Home again

Its been almost a full week since I've come back home and after handing in my final assignments and realizing that this will probably be my last blog post I worry more and more that with every day I spend away from Rustenburg I will lose the feelings within myself that had been changed so much by this ISA. Coming home has been like going to a different world and even though I had left Rustenburg wanting to continue some sort of HIV related service work during my summer vacation, that plan seems more and more elusive as the days pass by and I laze around the house "enjoying my vacation." I couldn't have prepared myself for my homecoming and even though I knew what to expect and I tried to plan accordingly so as to counteract the obstacles I knew I would face it has still taken me by surprise. All I have now are the memories of what has been and the dreams that have developed as a result of my time in Rustenburg. Everyday I try to keep those dreams alive and continue on the journey I began 3 months ago when I first arrived. Thank you to everybody who has made this experience what it has been, you have changed my life. Peace and Love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment